Monday, October 13, 2014

Words of Comfort from Luxembourg

Sounds...interesting back home. Life never really gets much easier, that's for sure. That's something we talked about in church yesterday, the importance of making sure that our kids know that we still have trials and difficulties and weaknesses even as adults, that life doesn't suddenly resolve itself when you get older. Something I hadn't really thought about before.

I've seen and experienced and heard a lot of things on my mission. I have seen more misbehaving, wayward children than I would have imagined, of all ages. People who have come back from heroine and cocaine addictions, missionaries who have come back from dark, low places to serve honorably, faithfully, and powerfully as representatives of Jesus Christ. I seen people whose parents have not only wanted to run away, but have, and never came back. Whether the vice be technology, drugs, girls, faithlessness, crime, poverty, or anything of the sort, everyone has something. The perspective that my mission has given and is giving me is that there are no big or small problems, just problems. But they can all be overcome through things like faith, prayers, love, understanding, and forgiveness, essentially the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He and his Atonement make all the difference.

I don't want to get preachy, but just love them. I know you do, and I know they don't make it easy, but that's really what will make the difference. Tyler doesn't really respond to my emails as much, and when he does, it's short. I wish I could be there for him. Kevin is better but still does feel some heat from others about quitting band.

I'm out of time, so I'll just have to leave it at that. Keep doing all you can for them. I pray for you all every day, and I hope that those prayers reach you. Keep the faith and keep reading and praying and going to church, please, if nothing else, do that. I love you so much, and I'll talk to you next week. Hopefully it's a better one!

Love, Elder Bigler



First Photos of Luxembourg

Foggy Day in Luxembourg

Careful Crossing the Street
Quiet Afternoon in Luxembourg

Meeting Up with Elder Gomez in Paris
Notre Dame Cathedral

Look Who Came to Luxembourg
LDS Violinist - Lindsay Stirling

No comments:

Post a Comment