Monday, February 16, 2015

Where Did Winter Go? and Evolving Ties

Hey y'all,

Elder Bigler and Elder Jenness at Notre Dame, Paris
It's been another pretty good week here in the France Paris Mission! As you can tell from the pictures, we had the opportunity to go to Paris this week for Zone Conference, and we had a little bit of time to explore while we were waiting for our interviews. It was a lot warmer in Paris than here in Lux, but the last few days it's warmed up quite a bit and all the snow is gone. A lot of people are saying that winter is already over, but I'm from Utah and I know to never let my guard down...








The weeks seem to be going by really quickly lately. That probably has something to do with how much time I've spent here, and a little to do with how busy we are too. It feels like we always have something else that we need to do.


Interior of Notre Dame, Paris
Rose Stained Glass Windows


Interior of Notre Dame, Paris
Elder Jenness and I are currently working on living up to this phrase that Elder Lattin shared with us, "don't live in the shadow of your potential", something I feel like we can all work on. As missionaries, we have the opportunity to feel the Spirit more than at any other point in our lives (up to this point at least) and it's up to us to do our best to reach this level. We're doing our very best to take where we're at and bring to closer to where God would have us be. Personally, I've fixed myself a list of goals about Diligence and Humility to help me put off the natural man and become closer to Christ. Already, in the last couple weeks, I can feel change within myself. I'm more focused on the Savoir and what He did for me. I think more about helping those around me and less about "life after the mission". I find myself wanting to study the scriptures instead of sleeping. The simple fact to try to live better has made a lot of difference these last couple weeks. I'd like to encourage you guys back home to try to do the same thing. Go to the Lord in prayer and ask for his help to identify areas where you can improve and how, and then commit to do that. He will take where you are and bring you even higher. 

The Evolution of Ties
L to R - Getting Skinnier as the Mission Progresses
Unfortunately, I'm running out of time, so I'm gonna have to cut it short this week. I'll try to give a little better explanation another time for you guys. I love you all and hope you have a good week!

Elder Bigler

P.S. Happy Birthday Tyler!!!









Additional Photos 


Elder Bigler and the Seine River, Paris

Elder Bigler and another Bentley

Rainbow over Luxembourg

Luxembourg Fire Station
All Mercedes Trucks

No comments:

Post a Comment