Monday, September 16, 2013

Today's the Big Day!

All of MTC District 46D for One Last Picture at the Temple.
Well, I don't have a whole lot of time or a whole lot to say. I just put a rather heart felt letter in the mail that pretty much summed everything up, so be watching for that. :) I included that memory card with it too because, very unfortunately, I couldn't see any of the pictures that you guys had loaded onto it on my camera. Probably the wrong format or something. I was super bummed about that. So, hopefully you guys can figure it out (test it on mom's camera to see if you can see them on there) and eventually get that to me.


I have a so much on my mind today, it's hard to think. It took me forever to fall asleep last night, I was just so excited. It's quite a big step I'm about to take, but I'm looking forward to it with all my heart (even though that doesn't really make sense). I already miss my friends I made here. 5 of our district left to Lyon at 4:30 this morning (and we all woke up to say goodbye), and I'll probably never see most of them again. They're awesome guys, and they're going to be great missionaries.


Group Photo with Adam's Tahitian Friends.
"Awesome Guys!"
Like I mentioned before, I had made some friends with some Elders from Tahiti who (currently) only speak French, but are learning English really quickly. They came and said goodbye to all of us last night and gave us necklaces from Tahiti and did the Haka (is that how you spell it?), but really it was just Head, shoulder, knees, and toes in French. It was really funny. They're big guys. I got some huge hugs from them. And then I gave that zucchini to a French Elder (we tried to convince him that it was an American tradition to give a vegetable to someone as a parting gift, but I don't think he really bought it) and got a nice picture out of it (I was gonna try to take it to France cause I could've got some really funny pictures for you guys, but I realized that that's probably illegal to take produce).

A Gift from the Home Garden.

I thought you'd like to know that I used that crazy luggage lady's packing method for my stuff and easily got almost all of my clothes into my carry-on! But somehow, I also easily filled up all three of my suitcases. I'm not sure how I got here with all of my stuff in just two of them, although I do have a lot more now. Lots of books, lots of scriptures, some treats that didn't get eaten. . .

I kind of mentioned this in my letter I wrote, but I've now weaned myself off of the English Book of Mormon and I only read le Livre de Mormon now. The Bible is still a little bit too hard in French (I can barely understand it in English half the time. . .), but maybe eventually. I've definitely come a long way. It's amazing how much the Lord will bless us in our diligence. 

I was so excited when I saw the pedometer! I had totally forgotten about it until then. I'm looking forward to walking and walking and walking and walking. :) Thanks for sending all the other stuff too. We had a wonderful feast, although the churros were kind of nasty by the time I opened my package.
The Final Treats-from-Home Feast

Well that's all for now! I'll talk to you guys later today and email next week! Wish me luck!

Elder Bigler

P.S. Also, I only gained a total of 1 pound here at the MTC. That, in and of itself, is a great accomplishment. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment