Saturday, September 14, 2013

Surprise Saturday Email - Monday P-day is Prepare to Fly Day



Okay, so it's not quite Monday yet, but today is kind of our imaginary P-day since we leave on Monday. I figured I'd write now just in case I don't quite have the time on Monday. 

It's been another busy week, as usual here in the MTC. I think I've about hit the burnout point for 12 hour study days. I'm ready to get out of this place... Haha no, it's actually been really great, but I sure am getting antsy to leave. On the other hand though, the closer it gets, the less ready I feel, because I realize how difficult it is going to be for a while (teaching, understanding, working, speaking). But I'm excited for that too. Just a lot of mixed emotions going on right now. 

I'm really gonna miss all my friends I've made in my district. Elder Wohlfahrt is from Germany and going to Lyon, so I'm probably never going to see him again, and he's an awesome guy. We're having a sleepover in the other guys' room tonight (yeah, kind of girly, but whatever). We've all become so close, it'll be kind of hard to say goodbye. We're probably gonna sing a bunch of cantiques (Hymns) tomorrow night and be all emotional in a manly way. I think that's kind of the usual thing you do when you're leaving the MTC. :)

We're all so excited to get out in the field, so it's a little hard to keep everybody focused, but we're doing alright. Today is our last day with our teachers. I'm kind of sad about that, cause I like our teachers, although I think most of the district kind of doesn't. I don't really understand why, but that's their problem I suppose. They've (our teachers) all really tried their best to help us out as much as possible. 

I hear you brothers are falling behind on your math homework. Pas bien. Get on that! Trust me, speaking from experience, it's better in pretty much every way to do it as soon as you can, even though it's hard. It'll help your homework grades, your quiz and test grades, and just your final grades. I know some of you *cough cough* don't really like math that much at all, but it's important. So get to work! Find some band friends and do it on the bus if you have to. Git 'er done!

I got a haircut the other day. It worked out alright, although apparently there are rules about how short you can get your hair cut and how short I wanted my hair cut on top was too short. So I have kind of a funky haircut (for me) right now, but it's not too bad. I sure wish the lady had told me the rules before I had her cut the sides super short...but, c'est la vie d'un missionaire, n'est pas? 

Also, from what I can tell, you guys seem to think I'm leaving on Tuesday and that's the day I'm gonna call, but from what I wrote, I'm pretty sure I said Monday... :) Our flight leaves at 5:30, so I'd say be ready for a call around 3:30, although it may be a little after that. I know that's a tricky time for mom and all of you, so I'll try for a little bit later ish if I can. Also, I'll try to call Tyler/Kevin (send me their numbers please!) while they're at band, so maybe tell them to have their phones on them. I'll probably just call one of them (again, if I can) and have them both run off the field for a second so I can say hi. Unless they feel like that would be bad. I don't know. I think Mr. Miller would understand... And I'll call you too dad, don't worry. :) I wonder if you could get a three way call going, or if that doesn't work for pay phones. Also, they told us to buy phone cards, which cost $5. Does that mean it has $5 on it? Should I buy more than one just in case? Or could I use my card if I ran out? I have no idea how these things work.

Anyway, I think that's about all I have to say for now. I'll write a little more on Monday, so don't worry. :) Keep up the good work!

Elder Bigler

No comments:

Post a Comment